Need immdiate help about Premiere Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have PP on this computer so I'll have to check this for sure when I get home.
I do have Ulead Media Studio here though. In that it is possible to convert files from one to the other. In the convert options there is also a 'Convert Frame Rate' option so you don't have to stick to presets either.
In my experience I have never seen Media studio be able to do something that PP can not! Like I said - I'll check this for sure when I get home.

Kim:
I have done this before in PP with absolutely no problem. I captured everything to AVI from a NTSC camera - made a new PAL project - imported and edited the clips - saved it out to MPEG - burnt it to disk - and sent it to the UK. It worked fine.
I didn't have any problems with shrinkage though so I don't know what to suggest about that.

This is exactly what I do. Just see the attached image to understand how my footage looks like...

By the way, I found pixel ratio configuration on interprete footage menu (right click on the avi), there you can seleck PAL, NTSC or Square pixels. Some work well but distort the image ratio. So I still have this problem...:(

Yener

That's a Media player screen dump right? What happens when you set Media player to display Full screen?

Kim:
That's a Media player screen dump right? What happens when you set Media player to display Full screen?

The same sh.t!.. (sorry, I'm so pissed off about this)
A black thick border around the footage... :11:

yceltikci:
The same sh.t!.. (sorry, I'm so pissed off about this)
A black thick border around the footage... :11:

My problems are solved... in a stupid way. I installed PP on another more powerful PC, and evrythng workd fine.

I realy have no idea whether it is the computer or a maiden installed PP. I'm not sure if I changed any settings in my older computer...:) I think new computer has a better video adapter. That may be the solution!... :wink:

Anyway, all is well that ends well...

All the best,
Yener

HI there
Just thought you may like to know that All PAL DVD players will play both PAL and NTSC disks, but most NTSC players only play NTSC disks. Also Secam ( French players ) play PAL Disks no problems.

I have made PAL to NTSC disks using the following method.

1. Input to computer via a hardware converter from the camera.
2. Imput PAL to Premiere Pro, then encode to NTSC MPEG2, make the DVD in your DVD software, making sure the project settings are in NTSC mode.

Never had anyone come back saying it soes not work on a NTSC player yet?

The second method may not be true NTSC with perfect quality, but it works.
Compared to PAL, NTSC does not look as good.

Wags

Back
Top Bottom