Need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rig Magician

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Since i work overseas and fly alot, i have alot of miles= free tickets. i would like to go on a dive to Bonaire. also not sure if i should use a travel agent or book it my self. what would be better to do book it your self or use a travel agent? thanks for the help.

Rig Magician:
Since i work overseas and fly alot, i have alot of miles= free tickets. i would like to go on a dive to Bonaire. also not sure if i should use a travel agent or book it my self. what would be better to do book it your self or use a travel agent? thanks for the help.
After spending a week or so investigating options, we booked our own flights and everything else through Aquadreams travel - www.aquadreams.com. For us, the cost of the flights were a concern.

YMMV,

Steve

Doesn't matter, just go.

It may be a problem though to get a flight to Bonaire in the upcoming weeks. When do you want to go?

Im going 4 to 11 dec.....and staying at the Golden Reef Inn.... as in...
www.goldenreefinn.com .... let you know how it goes if you want.
rich

Hey Rich!

If you talk to Herman, tell him (and you guys too!) to check out this months Scuba Diving Magazine. There is an article called "New Year, New Packages. The features the 13 best deals world wild for the start of 2005...We are NUMBER 5! Sure you will have a great time...I will be thinking of you guys!

Liz
www.goldenreefinn.com

Since we also fly using air miles, we have Caradonna book our accommodations: http://www.caradonna.com/caradonna/

They have always given us great service, esp Kim. :thumb:

FWIW, we like to stay @ Buddy's. This will probably be our 8th trip there. :wink:

Ya packed yet Rich?? Hi Liz, hope you are doing fine. Between this board and BT, it's a family reunion.

Ok to unhijack the thread, Rig Mag, it' really up to you as to how you book. I usually use Caradonna. The biggest problem you are going to have is arranging the air using FF miles. Air Jamacia and AA are the only carriers that flies directly out of the the US to Bonaire. I use AJ , nice airline. I have heard AA is kind of a pain to use. I would suspect your best bet is to fly to either Aruba or Curacao using your FF miles and then take Bonaire Excell (small local carrier) to the island. AJ flies out of Atlanta, Huston and Maimi so you could use your FF miles to get there and then pay for the rest of the flight.
As for a place to stay, there are a lot of good places to stay on Bonaire. Which one really depends on what you require, cost, on water -that kind of thing. I have several that I can recommend from personal experience (and I am sure I am going to add one more after my visit with Liz :) ) Here again, how to book is somewhat of a wash. I booked with Liz on line but have booked at the other places I have stayed using Caradonna. Tell us what you are looking for and we can put you on to a good place. Also , come over to the Bonaire board, lots of good info to be had there.
www.bonairetalk.com
also try www.infobonaire.com

Ok Rich, can't stand it any longer, going to start packing tonight

Thanks for all the help. The trip will probly be some time next year not sure. looked at buddy dive, and like the unlimited shore diveing. I would like to get something with a couple of boat dives and unlimited shore dive. i want to get the most out of this. I will have to check on the FF miles thing. and see if i can book it through Cont. I currently have over 300,000 mile with them. I would like to stay on the water front if possible, but that will all be depending on the $$'s.
Again thanks for the help.
Mark

For your first trip, Buddy is hard to beat. Super staff, both at the resort and the dive shop. I find that with a group of 4 or more their price is pretty good and worth the little extra they cost. On the other hand, if you are alone or a couple you can get a place for a lot less if you don't mind not being directly on the water. All of the dive ops offer UL air for shore diving for around $100 per week and there are at least 80 marked shore diving spots that you can dive at so not being on the water is really not a big deal. You can save about $100 off the cost of the package prices a BD by dropping the boat dives. You can add them back as single dives for $25 if you chage your mind. Here are a few pictures of BD taken this July.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom