Need Help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvr4lyf

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My brand new Dive Rite Transpac is slowly loosing air!!! Being as it's too cold here I put it in my bathtub to find the leak, 'cause I could'nt find. Then I noticed some slow bubbles comming from lower dump valve. After removing the wing I removed the cap to the dump valve on the lower side AND the upper inflator/dump. I saw a gasket shaped like a doughnut on the upper dump but no gasket on the lower dump?? Now here's were it gets weird. I reassembled both dump valves and it seems to be holding air better, but still leaking VERY slowly. Does anyone who owns a transpac know if the lower dump has a gasket?? Looks like it should. Before I bother my LDS-not that they would mind- I would like to fix this myself. Thanks in advance!!!

Joe

should have a gasket there..your "donut" gizmo...check with lds you purchased it from..sounds like a honest mistake during manufacture assembly..

Figured it out, Gasket in lower dump wasn't seated. Works fine now!!! Thanks for the input!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom