need help with shots...moved from C&C sticky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowdog77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Canon PowerShot G6 ~

I'm generally getting way too much red in the shots I'm taking with my G6. Especially noted it in what should be white backgrounds....i.e. snow, white clouds, etc. But, it doesn't seem to occur with every shot (ie the bird).

Attached are 3 examples, shot on default settings. All shot same day, same card...??? help.......!
storage.html

You can head to the last post in the Pink Link in my signature for a quick "how to get my photos into a post" :)

Looking forward to seeing them. Please include the EXIF information with the image (iso, shutter, aperture, mode it was shot in...)

alcina,

If he's shooting Canon don't expect to see ISO in the EXIF data...

Looking forward to seeing the shots! :)

Hi folks,

Never mind......I spent some time surfing the net and found the information on a Canon site....it's called purple (or pink/red) "fringing" caused by a lot of contrast. I found an easy fix for it using AP and so have worked over the shots that had the problem. Would have been nice to find a setting in the Canon to cure the problem at the source though.

Back
Top Bottom