Need help with Shearwater dive log for Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me at all. I've owned MacDive for so many years that I can't even remember the registration process. If I remember correctly, you're sent a license file that you apply to the software. But I definitely remember it being a set-it-and-forget-it situation. Sounds like maybe something got messed up when you initially applied the license. So, I see no reason why it won't work for now on.

I also want to make sure you're not doubling your efforts here with downloading/syncing. You said when you were on your trip you downloaded the dives from your Teric to MacDive on your iPhone? If so, I just want to make sure you're not also downloading the dives from the Teric to your Mac. Once they're on your iPhone, all you have to do is sync them from the iPhone and then open up MacDive on your Mac and click Sync and they'll come down. Of course make sure they're both initially set to sync via the same service. I use iCloud. Once that's set it's also a set-it-and-forget-it thing.
Okay I will do that next time. I did double my efforts. and did not sync from the iPhone to the MacBook Air. I will try that after my next trip.

You don’t sync between your devices. You download dives from Teric to iPhone. You then sync the dives to get them into iCloud. Then you go to MacBook and sync there. That will download dives from iCloud to MacBook.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom