Need help with Poseidon Cyklon regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davebirr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi purchased some old cyclone regs - serial on the first stages are 23249 and 23251.

My local dive can't service these...so, I could use help identifying the service kits required, a possible source for them, and the appropriate manual.

Thanks!

poseidon.jpg

Just a FYI as it is hard to tell from the picture.
Some older Poseidon regulators had metric threading. they were not o-ring sealed and installing standard 3/8 inch hoses and fittings would damage the threading, but you could easily force it in. They are easy to identify as they would have post plugs that would use a wrench to remove and under the plug would be a plastic gasket that would seal the port plug or hose.

Hi Dean,

These do not use O-rings...but I do believe they have US threading. I'll double check when I get them back from the lds.

I figured out these are older Cyklon 5000's with metric threads and nylon washers instead of o-ring seals on the first stage. I believe I need service kit 3422 as well as two of the plastic ejector sleeves (#2307) that fit over the valve housing inside the second stage.

Does anyone have any tips where to get the service kits and parts? I don't see anyone selling them online in the US and my local dive shop can't get them from distribution. Closes I found was an Austrian ebay posting...but those guys do not appear to ship to USA.

David

Those are Cyklon 300. The Cyklon 5000 are the newer version.

Note: the 300 referred to 300 Bar rating, as opposed to the newer 5000 psi rating.

Yes, they are metric threads.

Yep - the description in the manual matches the Cyklon 300 - thanks for the correction Louis! Now if I could just find parts...

Back
Top Bottom