Need help with pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underbluewaters

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Im trying to edit my profile picture and it wont let me because of the size.... so i change it and now its saying invalid image... what does that mean? Its a picture of a turtle... and yes a turtle within its shell.... no funny busniess

With SB barely back up, I guess the auto sizing is not functioning yet - [-]and I do not know the accepted size. You'll get an answer soon. PM me if I can help.[/-]

Ok there's the answer now. Let me know if I can size it for ya...?

Your profile picture can be 400x750.

i have been resizing them and everything but after i resize then it comes back saying invalid image.... i have no idea what that means....i guess ill try again in a couple days maybe thats it

Underbluewaters:
i have been resizing them and everything but after i resize then it comes back saying invalid image.... i have no idea what that means....i guess ill try again in a couple days maybe thats it
Nah, sounds like Pebkac, could be a glitch, but let's look a this more. Can you post a photobucket display of the pic? Or I'll PM you my email...

Thanks for sending the pics - nice turtle, nice smile...

The problem on the turtle was that is was in Bitmap, I think. I changed it to Jpeg and temporarily loaded it on my profile with no problem. I'm returning it in both 320 wide as sent to me - but in Jpeg, and in 400 wide - which is the one I think you want to use.

I didn't know what you wanted to do with the nice smiling pic, but it was already in Jpeg, so I prepared it to use as an Avatar or Profile pic. I'm not sure of the Avatar size limits for regular members so I made sizes 75, 100, 125 and 150 - then did that again with the square cropped version. If you want to use it as an alternate profile pic, I'm including one 400 wide.

I think I marked each photo correctly with the size in the name applied, but it's always good to check my work - or just load the largest one that the system will accept.

You're very welcome. I like to help, and enjoy the challenges. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom