Need help with new camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finstotheleft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a used Sea & Sea Motormarine 35 SE with Strobe and one close up lens. It seems to be a great system and in great shape...now I just have to figure out how to use the darn thing! :rolleyes: It's totally manual...and this is my FIRST underwater camera. :bonk:

It also came with a slave sensor and junction box, which the guy I bought it from said was broke...but I don't know what the heck they're for anyway!

Any suggestions from anyone familiar with this camera will be greatly appreciated! I know nothing of cameras or underwater photography...guess I'll learn real quick!

Their phone # is760 929 1909, they are very helpfull. I wonder if "junction box " is a splitter so you can use to strobes? I have the II EX with single strobe, I love the results I have goten so far. FIRST THING GET NEW O-RINGS. good luck , happy shooting.

Is it yellow? If so, that's the MX-10. If it's grey/black is the Motormarine II or MMII. There's also a Motormarine II EX-Pro.

If you can tell us which model you have, someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

It's the older model...it's the Motormarine 35 SE (motor marine I, i think). It's yellow with clear back. Has manual focus and aperture, and the view finder is even with the rest of the camera (not raised up above the top as I've seen with other models.).

Maybe this will help. Once again, I am at work and don't have the specifics here to look at. I'll have to post a new reply when I get home...

My books only have the MMII in them. I can't imagine there's alot of difference, though. You may want to call Sea & Sea and see if they have any old manuals available.

Sea & Sea USA
1938 Kellogg Ave.
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Phone: (760) 929-1909
Fax: (760) 929-0098

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom