Need help with HOG deluxe webbing set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gqllc007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife picked up a HOG deluxe aluminum BP/wing and deluxe webbing harness. I know how to set up 90% of it. Apparently the shoulder straps are individual straps for left and right side and don't weave through the top of the backplate from left to right....how do I mount the individual shoulder straps to the BP?? Does anyone have any specific instructions? Pictures? Google was not my friend tonight

My wife picked up a HOG deluxe aluminum BP/wing and deluxe webbing harness. I know how to set up 90% of it. Apparently the shoulder straps are individual straps for left and right side and don't weave through the top of the backplate from left to right....how do I mount the individual shoulder straps to the BP?? Does anyone have any specific instructions? Pictures? Google was not my friend tonight

OP, the plate, if it is a typical bent tech plate, the straps do weave through as a single piece of webbing. The webbing crosses behind the plate.

DGX Gears Harness Assembly Instructions | Dive Gear Express®

N

This video is for their Deluxe Flex harness on the soft plate, but should be pretty similar for the hard plate. I'm guessing it is the harness kit that you have unless there is someing new ...

It’s the deluxe harness. They are individual webbing not one piece to weave

The video above is close but the shoulder straps are individual pieces and don’t weave through the top plate like that. Plus the plate is a standard aluminum plate. So there is no weaving across the back of the plate. Only through the top slot

Does your kit come with 2, 3, or 4 pieces of un-sewn webbing?

I don't know if this will apply to you ...

I use a Dive Rite Deluxe Harness that I've modified to have all individually-attached straps (so I can swap it between multiple plates) I use a metal tribar to anchor the ends to the plate.

Ignore the shoulder straps here (the Freedom Plate has a different structure for the shoulders and I had pics handy) but the waist straps are representative:
zn8ie0oaqoikxu33ldka5o5x-zi4ffgbndkthhvne7pq5csh7hctc4m3jc5rl-7czd2tho-w1265-h1722-no-jpg.593553.jpg
xhta4jzqhglfkat6_xxbx4ib5hqu0xa9lsoziibcexjxhivklvohfkexlef8kfprerx5ds-w1544-h1722-no-jpg.593555.jpg

I am a little late to this party but here is a vid that shows how to attach the HOG webbing shoulder strap pieces to a hard plate

The video is for both soft and hard plate setup so skip to the 3min 16sec mark to see the hard plate setup.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom