Need help with connectors...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glashoppah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So - I have a Scubapro Glide Plus BCD with Air2. It has what I thought was the only type of quick-disconnect for the inflator hose. However, I borrrowed a regulator from a friend that he uses with his U.S. Divers BCD that has its own version of the Air2... and it's a totally different kind of quick disconnect. And they don't mate.

I'm planning a trip next week and I need a solution - is there an adapter for these things? Or do I have to buy a completely different hose and replace it?

Thanks in advance for your time,

H.

If you are planning to take your BC with you, bring the hose. Better yet, bring the reg and the BC.

You can download the Trident catalog off the Internet and see all of the various fittings. There are at least 3 different fittings for standard inflators (non-octo types) and at least 2 for AIR 2 type devices. On page 16 of the catalog they show various adapters. On page 18 they show various hoses.

EDIT: your LDS will have to order the parts from Trident. They don't sell to end users.

Richard

Last edited:
If you are planning to take your BC with you, bring the hose. Better yet, bring the reg and the BC.

You can download the Trident catalog off the Internet and see all of the various fittings. There are at least 3 different fittings for standard inflators (non-octo types) and at least 2 for AIR 2 type devices. On page 16 of the catalog they show various adapters. On page 18 they show various hoses.

EDIT: your LDS will have to order the parts from Trident. They don't sell to end users.

Richard

So you're saying I'm screwed and need to just find a dive shop and rent a compatible reg.

Lame.

H.

You have to use your Scubapro Air II hose--just screw it into the low pressure port on your borrowed regulator. If you don't have that hose--which comes with the Air II if you buy it new--then yes, you have to get one.

So - I have a Scubapro Glide Plus BCD with Air2. It has what I thought was the only type of quick-disconnect for the inflator hose. However, I borrrowed a regulator from a friend that he uses with his U.S. Divers BCD that has its own version of the Air2... and it's a totally different kind of quick disconnect. And they don't mate.

I'm planning a trip next week and I need a solution - is there an adapter for these things? Or do I have to buy a completely different hose and replace it?

Thanks in advance for your time,

H.

You can just pull your air 2 hose off your reg and put it on any reg you like. All you need is an adjustable wrench, a set of allen keys, and 2 hands. DONT OVER TIGHTEN IT.

Back
Top Bottom