Need help re"stringing" the ripcord system on Stiletto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tenover

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Zeagle Stilleto that I bought used but is in new condition. I took it into a pool yesterday to get used to it, figure out where everything was, and practice dumping my weights blindly using the ripcord system. Love the BCD by the way! Anyways, the ripcord system worked great, and I restrung it last night when I got home. My question is, what exactly are you supposed to do with the ends of the cord on both sides once it's restrung? I've tucked them up and under into little space/pocket, but it seems that they could simply pull right through again very easily. Just want to make sure I have it strung correctly before venturing out into the ocean. Thanks.

How tough is it to restring the weight system? I am trying to decide between the aqualung dimension and Zeagle stilleto. I like the air system of the aqualung but since I rarely have any air in my bc... and it is a big honker to pack, holy smokes, I set the 2 side by side and wow! The zeagle on the other hand packs down like a dream. And I always have to travel to dive so that is a huge factor to me. My only reservation is the story about some public service divers not threading their weight release system properly. Do we yet know what mistake they made? I'd like to avoid it.

Also, if your BCD has a double pocket, when you put your weights in do a little check to make sure you can see them through the bottom pleats (meaning, you put them in the ripcord pocket and not the other one).

Doesn't look that difficult. And I'm totally incompetent at putting stuff together (most feared words in written language = "some assembly required"). Makes me wonder how the heck the safety guys screwed it up. Thanks for the input.

It might take you 10 minutes to do it the first time, just because you aren't used to it...but after you have done it once or twice, there is nothing to it!

Trust me, I've done it thousands of times!!! :)

Scott

Diving with my Zeagle Stiletto in Roatan this week :)

Back
Top Bottom