Need Help, $$$ question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have fun! I lost ALOT of work right after Sandy because out of state SCUBA divers tried to undercut me. In my opinion it shouldn't be done. Alot of money that im still trying to recoup because " they could do it for less". Im not a scuba diver and would never think of doing so because im used to the luxury of unlimited air and hot water systems blah blah blah.. I tell people if your going to hire a scuba diver to come salvage your boat, in CONTAMINATED WATER, I dont want their business. That being said I know of alot of people who called me back asking to come do their boat because the "other" guys couldnt get the job done. My response is a colorful one, filled with Effs and Yous..

---------- Post added February 19th, 2013 at 11:50 AM ----------

FYI, if you decide to venture on this, tire tubes arent going to work. Well, maybe if you had about 900 of them. After Sandy i used all 14.000 lbs of my lift bags just to get enough room to slide slings under some so that a 200 ton crane could lift it. Yeah, a buried boat filled with sand weighs ALOT. dont forget if its a wooden hull the risk of it buckling and snapping. Even glass hulls do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom