Need help putting together a dive package - so hard to do remotely!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1484608.svg

My key takeaways:
  • Stay local and skip the bull shark expedition until we return to PDC
    (it's also crazy expensive: $169 + cost of two dives + rentals pp = almost US$300 pp or CDN$800 total - whoa!)
Jungle Divers (Bull Shark Diving in Playa del Carmen - Jungle Divers Cozumel Diving) is a Cozumel dive op who also do bull shark dives for $99. Full set of equipment is $20 for 1st day, $10 each day after. We have not done a bull shark dive with them, but the week of Christmas (when the winds were high) we went cenote diving with them and had a great time. Later in the week we did a shore night dive with them too -- stayed down for 98 minutes and saw lots of good critters! Highly recommended!

I second another's recommendation to contact Dive with Martin via e-mail. I personally dive with another dive op but based on where you are staying and the need to rent some additional gear (that DWM will provide free of charge), DWM makes the most sense and will also be the most economical. DWM resides in the "Top 10" dives ops on Coz.

Secrets resort has an issue with other dive ops picking up at their pier as they want their guests to book and dive with their in-house dive op that does NOT reside among the best dive ops of Coz. I'm not sure DWM has paid for access to Secret's pier or not but that is of no matter as my dive op picks up divers from Secrets simply by driving bow of the to the beach and dropping a boarding ladder off the back to board and perhaps DWM does as well. So, you may have to hand you gear over the bow from the beach and then walk out to wherever ladder is on the boat but that is no big deal... Maybe ya get waist deep wet in the process but you are gonna get a lot wetter about 10 minutes from then. HAVE FUN!

I'm hearing the bull sharks have not shown up in PDC this year.

We will be right next door to Secrets the same time you are there. We are staying at Residencias Reefs. We dive with Aldora and they will pick us up at the pier in front of Secrets but most any operator will pick you up either at the pier or via the beach.

Have fun on your trip. Maybe we will see you around.

Here's a dive I did back in Nov 2017 in Playa. Technically not a "bull shark dive". It was a regular dive, but the DM knows where the Bulls hang out. So he'll sometimes cut the dive a little short, veer away from the reef and see if they're around. Ran into more bulls in Feb 2019 at the same location.

Back
Top Bottom