Need help on sizes.. Tusa Xpert Zoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BikerManiac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have read and searched a lot of post about the Tusa xpert Zoom. But they have not been able to answer my questions.

I use US size 8-8 1/2 shoes. According to the Tusa Website I should be getting the M size fins. Yet, why do people wearing size 8 booties (5mm) using the Small Tusa xpert fins?

Personally, I would not get a 5mm booties. most likely the 3mm or a sock as I only dive in warm weather. So should I buy the Small or Medium? Anybody with a size 8-8 1/2 shoes using the Small Tusa?

Thanks.

If doing that thin of a sock, you could use the small. The problem would be, let's suppose some time you decide to do some colder water diving, and have a 6 mil bootie with a hard sole. With 8 1/2 shoes, you'll wear a 9 boot, and a hard sole 9 won't fit in the small. So either will work, but don't buy something now that will make you have to buy again later... I'd say get a harder sole boot now, and go with the mediums.

I wear my medium tusa xpert zooms with size 11 6mm camaro dive boots pictured below. They provide a very good, comfortable fit. If I were you I'd try the zooms on with your boots before buying because fit is very important - it may be that neither the small, nor the medium will fit you well in which case you should probably buy another fin model. But maybe someone here with your shoe size who has used the zooms could opine about this.

I wear size 10 shoes and with 5mm booties I found that my ML were falling off my feet.

I still liked the fin so much I bought a second pair of size SM x-pert's. The S's are working great.

Hope that helps.

Dave

BTW, I still have the red ML's if anybody could use them at a bargin price.

Thanks for your replies. I have decided to buy the small Tusa and then try to get the boots that will fit it. That's sort of like going the opposite way. But I am pretty sure I will not go diving in waters below 75F. Where boots are not even needed and from worse to worse another lucky diver can buy them from me.

I have been using the U.S. Split fins and love them..it's just time I move to the Higher class fins.

SterlingDiver: If my smalls dont fit, we can trade ;-)

Have you tried the zooms in water??? In my opinion....there is nothing ''zoom'' about them. I found them to be terrible with current. And yes, I know about the modified kick compared to 'standard' fins....dont go outside my slip stream. I just dont think they meet up to all their advertising hype.

I am sure there are those that like them but try a pair out first. Personally, I will stick with my Mares Avantis....

BikerManiac:
Thanks for your replies. I have decided to buy the small Tusa and then try to get the boots that will fit it. That's sort of like going the opposite way. But I am pretty sure I will not go diving in waters below 75F. Where boots are not even needed and from worse to worse another lucky diver can buy them from me.

I have been using the U.S. Split fins and love them..it's just time I move to the Higher class fins.

SterlingDiver: If my smalls dont fit, we can trade ;-)

Are you getting the stiffer black ones, or the softer non-blacks? I went with the stiffer model and I theorize they are better for currents or other situation where you need to exert extra force, but some people prefer the softer model - my girlfriend is very happy with her yellow zooms.

My new fins finally arrived. My first impressions are how big and heavier they are compared to my cheapo split fins. But I love them.

The size is Small and I bought the black stiffer ones. I am dying to try them out in the water.

Using with my 3mm size 8.5 and 8 booties is excellent fit.

For all the ladies considering X-pert Zooms, I wear XS-S in the fins. My shoe size is 8 1/2 (US). I find them to be wonderful fins. Very good fit, no leg cramps. And I use spring straps which are easier for me to take off when getting back on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom