Need help on purchase of Suunto D6i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smed629

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all

After what feels like a week without sleep researching the right dive computer I've decided on the Suunto D6i. I'm looking to buy the White version with the transmitter and want to pay £700.

There are a lot of really good dive shops out there with really good rates but cashflow being what it is I'm trying to get a really great rate. Anyone know where I can buy the two together (either UK or deliver to UK) for a total of £700?

Any help would be amazing

thanks all

Keep two things in mind; The plastic straps still tear and the metal straps can only be adjusted so far [may not be able to adjust over a dry or wet suit ]....So think about a Tibby-Adapter strap too.......

Hi all

After what feels like a week without sleep researching the right dive computer I've decided on the Suunto D6i. I'm looking to buy the White version with the transmitter and want to pay £700.

There are a lot of really good dive shops out there with really good rates but cashflow being what it is I'm trying to get a really great rate. Anyone know where I can buy the two together (either UK or deliver to UK) for a total of £700?

thanks all

i think you will be very hard pushed to find a combo for that price.

Keep two things in mind; The plastic straps still tear and the metal straps can only be adjusted so far [may not be able to adjust over a dry or wet suit ]....So think about a Tibby-Adapter strap too.......

Yes thanks j2s I have been looking at them and they look great and have some great feedback from other divers. The only trouble is getting them to the UK. As mentioned on another post our postal service is rife with theft and sipping rom Thailand is expensive.

Still I'm not on hols and diving till June so I have some time I guess

If at all possible, get to LIDS 2013 (London International Dive Show)
Most of the big dealers will be there, and the deals on the day are about as good as you're going to get.
I was at the NEC show in October and picked up a Vyper Air and transmitter for £300.

If at all possible, get to LIDS 2013 (London International Dive Show)
Most of the big dealers will be there, and the deals on the day are about as good as you're going to get.
I was at the NEC show in October and picked up a Vyper Air and transmitter for £300.

Briliant thanks, the next show is only a few weeks away at the Excel so will definitely look into it

As a question on D6i, I asked a colleague of mine to bring one from the States to China for me, and when he checked his local dive store, they told him the D6i was discontinued. They said they could order, but would not keep it in stock for that reason. So I'm wondering if someone has heard about the D6i being replaced with a new model, or if this is some BS story of the store in question...

Hi all

thanks all

I'm also a newby looking for new dive gears. I heard from my DM that the transmitter doesn't work all the time. Sometimes the connection between the dive comp and the transmitter will disconnect for no reasons so air usage may not be recorded. Maybe you want to do a bit more research on that before you insist of paying so much for something you may not use?

I'm also a newby looking for new dive gears. I heard from my DM that the transmitter doesn't work all the time. Sometimes the connection between the dive comp and the transmitter will disconnect for no reasons so air usage may not be recorded. Maybe you want to do a bit more research on that before you insist of paying so much for something you may not use?

thanks for that response, I'd not heard that before. I've read a little this morning and the newer version with LED transmitter seems to be stable and I've noit found any real negative reviews. I'd be interested to know which comp your DM used and which transmitter?

I guess I can always revert back to the old skool methods when needed :)

I have a D6i for about a year with over 100 dives on it. Never had a problem with the transmitter or the strap breaking/tearing. Great choice of DC!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom