need help in connecting regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triniguy

New
Reaction score
i am new to scuba diving and i just got my own equipment. I connected my regulator to the tank and I opened the tank. I heard a leak and I quickly turned the tank off. I found a white substance on the outside of the 1st stage that wasn't there before. Is there something I did wrong? Can someone help me? thank you

triniguy:
i am new to scuba diving and i just got my own equipment. I connected my regulator to the tank and I opened the tank. I heard a leak and I quickly turned the tank off. I found a white substance on the outside of the 1st stage that wasn't there before. Is there something I did wrong? Can someone help me? thank you

You should bring that entire thing back to the dive center you purchased it from. It sounds like there is a leak somewhere that is extruding lubricant from the regulator.

If you did not purchase this from a dive center than you should bring the entire thing to your local professional dive center for inspection and service.

To try to analyze this over the net will just result in about 50 posts that wont really get you closer to solving the problem that a good technican can see in a few minutes.

Regards,

thank you. I bought my equipment in another country and I was trying to avoid sending it back to the dive centre but i think i will have to do that.

this could be a lot of things, from a loose hose, to a problem with the tank o-ring, but what you really need is someone that knows what they are talking about that can see the reg. You probably want to talk to a local instructor or Dive store. Get professional advice

Where are you Triniguy?? post a few more details in your profile and BTW, Welcome to the board dude (or dudess)

triniguy:
thank you. I bought my equipment in another country and I was trying to avoid sending it back to the dive centre but i think i will have to do that.

JS1 has it right. Take it to the nearest place to you. Even if you got it somewhere else. Unless the thing is totally buggered you wont empty your pockets fixing it. If you bought it there they would be able to get you a completely new one without any fight. One of the benefits of buying atthe LDS I guess...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom