Need help identifying this 1st Stage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have used this reg and 1st stage for some time now. I picked it up used from a LDS at a very good price. :D I Have to say it has been the most comfortable stage 2 I Have used and a great performer. I know the second stage is a Delta 1 but I can't figure out what the 1st stage is aside from being called a balanced piston.

Anyone know? Searched to no avail. I have only found these for sale under "Balanced Piston".

PonyBottle2.jpg

In the service manual the body boot (black rubber thingie) is to be tossed if it was deformed. Now you may have one that the boot was removed or an earlier model that was made before they put the boots on. I'm leaning towards the latter since I don't see a groove in the metal that is referred to in the manual that holds the boot on. It is a good reliable reg. Like some other regs of it's type you adjust the intermediate pressure by adding or removing plastic shims inside the body. Sherwood does this on their Brut regs. If tuned correctly it will breath as good as any at recreational depths.

I believe that's what oceanic refer to as a "pre-95 balance piston" predecessor to the PX2 and that look like a delta 2 second stage.

Back
Top Bottom