Need help finding website or liveaboards available for 100% private charter.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OEX Charters home of the M/V Ocean Explorer good prices, excellent crew, all kinds of diving!!!!!!

M/V Ocean Explorer is truly unique in dive cruise travel. The vessel is a custom 62' Defender, built in 1994. The vessel is equipped with sleeping for eight plus crew, many amenities, all necessary electronics and safety equipment. The ocean explorer specializes in adventures along the US coast from North Carolina to the Gulf of Mexico and the Bahamas. The Ocean Explorer can handle any type of diving challenge from daily recreational diving to the most extreme technical and research diving. The ocean explorer crew is experienced in gas blending and blends all concentrations of Nitrox and Trimix. The Ocean Explorer crew prides itself on a relaxed but professional atmosphere and the safest boat on the seas.

Call us today to join us on one of our trips or charter us for your own special private trip and see why you will never sail with anyone else again.
M/V Ocean Explorer Specifications:
Length: 62'
Beam: 17'
Draft: 5'
Displacement: 38T
Fuel Capacity: 2000 Gallons
Engines: Twin 450 HP Detroit 6-71 Turbo Diesels
Generators: 2 20kW Northern lights - 110v and 220v
Water Capacity: 400 Gallon Tank, 800 Gallons per day
Electronics: Radar, GPS, Color Depth SSB-Radio, 3 VHF, Cell
Compressors: 2 - 9 CFM + Hasskel Booster
Gas Blending: Nitrox and Trimix
Sleeping capacity 8 (not including crew)
Cruising speed 11 knots (top speed 17 knots) Entertainment: DVD, TV, VCR, Stereo w/CD/MP3/casette player
Large equipment and camera table on dive deck
2 large roomy bathrooms
Hot water showers on the dive deck
Full Galley
Ice Maker
20 X 17 Dive deck
Huge dive platform
2 Ladders 1 step, 1 north east style T
Fully shaded dive deck
Entertainment center
Fully air conditioned main cabin
Upper sun deck behind bridge.
Fully padded bow for sunbathing or lounging

moz-screenshot.png
ocean_explorer%20pic.jpg

I organize full private charters for customers here in Thailand. If it's a small group, I recommend a crewed, dive-capable catamaran. Prices for four to six people start at about $1600/day with dives. If it's a bigger group than, say, 8-10, then it's worthwhile to charter a small liveaboard.

If Thailand is not outside the realm of possibility, I should be able to help with information.

My brother & I have taken our families on the Cat Ppalu twice. The first trip we didn't dive that much due to the ages of the kids. We spent more time visiting some of the many beautiful beaches. The last trip our kids were older and we dove a lot, including the shark dive.

Nautilus swell on Vancouver island

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom