Need help finding scubapro everflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Trying to find a LDS in the Atlanta, GA area that has several sizes of the scubapro everflex 5mm in stock to try on. The Everflex doesn't seem to be as common as the Henderson Hyperstretch. I would like to try on the Scubapro Everflex and put it in the running for my new wetsuit.

If anyone know where I could actually "touch" one and try it on please give me a heads up.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I bought Mine from Garrards Underwater Educators. Though they didn't have many different sizes in stock. I was in in Atlanta Scuba and Swim Acadamey (or whatever it is called) on johnson's ferry road and they had several different sizes of everflex in stock. Though I am not sure they were 5 mils. Sea Ventures is also a scubapro dealer and I recall them having some in stock as well (not sure if 5's). I would call around but I would call Atlanta Scuba first. I'm not affiliated with them, but that is where I have seen the most everflex suits in town. Good luck on finding a suit jer. I own both a 3mm and a 5mm of the everflex and love them. I'll be diving my 5mm everflex this weekend, it's a size XXL. I could bring down my 3mm (XXL as well) and let you check it out if you want. Oh Just for a side note, you might want to call and see if they have 5mm everflex's in or not. Scubapro just launched these in the 2005 product line. Previously they only had everflex's in 3 and 7's. I ordered mine in November and got it in February. They were quite the backorder for awhile. I assume Scubapro might have plenty out in circulation now though.

Matt

Matt,

What prices should I expect? On par with say a Henderson Hyperstretch or Goldcore. I'm thinking somewhere around 300.00.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
Matt,

What prices should I expect? On par with say a Henderson Hyperstretch or Goldcore. I'm thinking somewhere around 300.00.

Sounds about right. That would be in the full MSRP area. I think probably around $280 is what I was looking at if I recall properly. They are great suits, but definately not cheap. I like them because they are easy to donn/doff and I don't feel them at all when they are on.

Matt

I called a few Scubapro dealers and you will not believe what I was told. I was told that the Everflex is a good suit but that Scubapro outsources the wetsuits to another company and when I told them that I was looking at both the Scubapro Everflex and the Henderson Hyperstretch a couple of the dealers told me to just get the Henderson. They said that in their opinion the Henderson was better and would probably have a better fit.

Wow, now I really want to try one on. Also I was steared to Xcel's stretchy suit as well.

BTW, a 5mm Scubapro is almost a guarenteed order only gig.

Jeremy

I have no problems with the suits, and they seem very well built. Henderson's are great suits as well, I have worn a few of them. I still wear their gold core boots and their gold core hood on many occations. I know Seaventures is always pushing the Henderson over the everflex. They also push Seaquest over Scubapro. OMS over dive rite. Etc. Etc. I would just go with what fits the best and what you want, not what some store tells you is better than others.

I haven't had an xcel suit, but have heard great things about them.

Matt

I have an Everflex 7mm. I will probably get a 3mm also. They are expensive but they are definitely far better made than the Henderson suits. Xcel suits are also very nicely made.

Hmm~~ different opinion.

I tried Everflex and Henderson and decided Henderson. I felt that Henderson is much better fine suit than SP. You know, SP doesn’t make their suit by themselves.

I have a Gold core and Hyperstretch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom