need help finding a dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firedogut

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Grand Saline the last weekend in Feb and planing on doing a quick dive in my girlfreind's lake. Grand saline is only like 2000 people if that so no dive shop. I need to rent a tank.

Grand saline is between Dallas and Tyler not far from CSSP (i need the tank for the poker game also)

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=grand+saline%2C+texas&country=us

i can rent in austin if needed but i do need places to fill the tank.

any help would be great

I think your best bet might be to rent a tank in Austin and then get it refilled up here. There is a liquor store in Terrell run by the president of the Terrell Dive Club that has a compressor, and then there is a compressor at CSSP. Hope that helps.

Great i can get Air and my beer...... :)

you have any info on the liquor store? address or phone number?

No, I sure don't, but if I can get them, I will pass them along to you.

I would suggest renting 2 alu 80's, most shops charge $10 a tank per day. This will be easier than driving around looking for a fill in East Texas. If it is a weekend trip, you should only be out $20-$40 dollars for a couple of tanks and save the $1.59 a gallon fuel charges seaching for a shop to fill you up, not to mention the wasted time at/on/or under the lake.

There are dive shops in Tyler. Try Scuba Steve's Aquatic Adventures at 903-593-7033. There is also another one called Diver's Depot. I think Tyler is only about 35-40 miles from Grand Saline. I know it's kinda far but it's probably the closest ones. Anyway, good luck finding what you need, and happy diving! I live pretty close to Grand Saline.
Foo

i'm diving sat in grand saline. its a small lake only 50 feet deep but just want to know whats on the bottom. the lake is part of my girlfreinds parents back yard.

i was also wanted to do the leap year dive at CSSP.

if there was a fill station by grand saline i was going to help out with some work around a dock. fix a few things underwater and try to find some items they droped......:)

thanks again

This subject seems to be going nowhere. There are places to rent tanks in your home town, Houston. There are places to rent tanks ithin 60 miles of Grand Saline. If this is a weekend only trip, rent a couple in Houston, and bring them back Monday. 50 feet deep, one alum 80 should last 2 hours. I would rent the tanks from the shop you frequent in Houston. The place you have a relationship with, the peaple you feel comfortable with rather than a shop far from home in an area your not familiar with. Have fun, but don't think to hard about this subject, it is just a tank of air. Also, make sure you have a buddy, unless you are a trained solo diver. Good Luck, Dive Safe!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom