Need help find a womens wet suit in larger sizes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shygirl

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to scuba and have been looking a wet suit size charts. My measurements don't fit in to the womens size charts. What would you suggest? Mens suits, custom sizing , extra stretchie material........ Help!!! I wear a size 16 dress and I am 5 foot 6inches. I live in Florida and plan to dive here and the caribbean. What mm do you think I will need. Any help is greatly appreciated.:D

Try the Henderson hyperstretch line.

I have a tilos superstrech mens suit. Also check out www.liquidfit.com

my husband and I went with custom made suits, I am not an off the shelf kind of gal mainly cause of my height so we just decided it would be best to get a custom made one to our own shapes and they work great. You just follow the measuring chart fill in your measurements and they sew it to fit. We found that most mens suits while larger still dont fit properly in the bust and hip department and like a good pair of jeans you just feel better in something that fits your shape.

I second trying the Henderson Hyperstretch.

Also according to their website they now have a "Tailor Fit" and "Digital Fit" program so that you could get a Hyperstretch wetsuit and still get a custom fit.

http://www.hendersonusa.com/size_charts.html

DIGITAL FIT
If after consulting with a Henderson Dealer you are unable to find a proper fitting wetsuit in the standard Henderson size range. Henderson can produce a custom suit that will be based on your specific size requirements. All Henderson Digital Fit suits are manufactured using 29 precise measurements. You will need to visit an authorized Henderson dealer to provide this service. (please call ahead to confirm your local dealer is a Digital Fit Center) The Henderson dealer will measure you in a Lycra Skin and forward your measurements to Henderson. Your new suit will be cut by our automated system and the suit returned to the dealer. YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO RETURN TO THE DEALER FOR A FITTING. SOME ADDITIONAL ALTERATION MAY BE NECESSARY, AND YOUR DEALER WILL NEED TO RETURN THE SUIT FOR THESE ALTERATIONS TO BE COMPLETED AT THE FACTORY. Digital Fit suits are provided as a service for people who cannot be fitted properly in a stock wetsuit. Due to the additional charges involved with this service we do not recommend Custom suits for divers who will fit into a stock size. In those cases our Tailor Fit Program should provide any minor modifications to achieve an optimum fit.

TAILOR FIT
The Henderson Tailor Fit Program will allow you to have minor fit adjustments made to your wetsuit before you purchase it at a very affordable cost. Here's how it works: Visit your Henderson dealer and find the suit and style that most closely matches your requirements. Your dealer will determine the fit adjustments that need to be made. Your dealer will contact the factory and request a tailor fit suit. Henderson will pull a suit from stock make the necessary alterations and ship the suit to your dealer. THIS SERVICE CAN BE DONE IN AS LITTLE AS TWO BUSINESS DAYS, HOWEVER AIR FREIGHT CHARGES MAY APPLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DEALER FOR DETAILS. Tailor Fit Alterations include: Adding or subtracting up to 3 inches from arms or legs. Subtracting up to 3 inches from waist. Please note that torso adjustments can not be made in the Tailor Fit Program

I just got back from my first trip with a wetsuit that actually allowed me to breathe and what a difference. Call Carolyn at Liquidfit.com. She will hook you up with a custom made suit for about what I could have gotten mine off the rack here at our LDS. The suit fit perfectly, was comfortable, and made all the difference in the world in my comfort level.

I'm very short and oddly shaped, and I went with a custom suit from Aquaflite.com. I LOVE it! How wonderful to have something that FITS!! Although I have to admit, it really cracks me up to look at on the hanger:)

shygirl:
Hello,

I am new to scuba and have been looking a wet suit size charts. My measurements don't fit in to the womens size charts. What would you suggest? Mens suits, custom sizing , extra stretchie material........ Help!!! I wear a size 16 dress and I am 5 foot 6inches. I live in Florida and plan to dive here and the caribbean. What mm do you think I will need. Any help is greatly appreciated.:D
Check out the Henderson Hyperstretch. I wear a woman's XXL-14 in the Hyperstretch. I am only 5'4", and am a 16-18 dress size. I'm also way over the weight they list on the sizing chart. I have both a 3 mil full & shorty which have been fine for Florida & Caribbean dives. I love them both. Other than the sleeves and legs being a tad bit long on the full, I have had no problems. The material is so stretchy, that after trying the Hyperstretch on, any other suit I tried felt like it was choking me. Of course the best thing to do it go to your LDS and try a bunch on .....

I second calling Carolyn at LiquidFit. For what you will pay for a Henderson Hyperstretch and then to have the legs shortened, etc-----you can get a suit MADE for YOU!

I live in Key Largo and have found a 3mm is good most of the time. If you're going to be a "year round" diver down in the Keys, you may want to consider getting a step in (its a shorty that Carolyn will make that matches your 1 piece EXACTLY) for when the water temps get down to 70.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom