Need help deciding on first camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a gopro and the TS4. I would recommend the TS4 only because of the dual functionality. You go on a dive trip you bring one camera. The gopro does do great video but you wouldn't pull it to take a picture at supper with your wife. The flat lens issue also pisses me off and to me gopro is a total fall down in this area. I have contacted them twice regarding the inability to focus underwater. They are simply ignoring this segment of the market.
My 2 cents.

Stano

Ok so i decided against the gopro and so im about to pull the trigger on the TS4 within the next few days. Can anyone think of a better camera and housing that would be around $750

Thanks

Personally, I'd get the TS3 and save $100+ over the TS4. The "upgrade" was a bit weak imho and certainly not worth the extra cash to me. The TS3 even with adding the housing is such an awesome deal - use that extra dosh to get Lightroom if you don't have it or put it towards more diving (or beers afterward), I say :)

I'm getting great results with the Canon S95... gets good video with fairly low light. Stays in focus pretty well.. doesn't get "confused" but particulate and have the subject go in and out of focus. I bought an Iklite housing so I can expand it later. I am actually thinking of looking for a second Canon S95 on Ebay as a spare to go in the Canon housing as a back up. It has excellent features.... easy to access underwater. The camera is certainly able to do much more than I know how to ask of it!

So why limit to GoPro when you are choosing an actioncam? I am now thinking of buying an CamOneTec camera.

See the website for CamOneTec. Does anyone have experience with this smaller version of the Gopro setup? It seems to have some advantage over the Gopro version (smaller, lighter, with lcd on back standard)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom