Need help coming up with a 10 day itinerary for Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are heading to CR next month. I don't have suggestions as this will be my 2nd visit and DH's 1st but I will share our (incomplete) itinerary. I was there solo in Oct for dental work and we return to finish it up. While there I toured Braullio Carrilo NP and did the tram and loved it. I also visited Selva Verde research hotel and forest.

We arrive SJO around 9:30am, taxi to the dentist for my appt where Solid Car Rental will meet us at no extra charge. From there we drive to Uvita and will stay 3 days at Casitas Del Rio. No pool but they are next to a beautiful river. Only 3 separate casitas each with a small kitchen and in a very private location. Will dive with Mad About Diving with which we have a personal connection.

Next we drive to Drake and stay 3 days at a B&B named Casita Corcovado. It is a small house with a/c and kitchen privileges in the main house. Down side is shared bath but the upside is the amazing couple who own it and…A/C!! We are very confident about driving there during the dry season. We'll have a 4x4 and we can drive directly to our lodging. Having endured the treacherous road conditions in Bhutan and the giant potholes and crazy-fast drivers of Dominica (favorite countries to visit, worst places to drive) I think we can handle it.

You can drive to some of the hotels in Drake during the dry season. Others require a boat trip year round but there are some that are close enough to the little town that you can drive your car, leave it in Drake and hike a short distance (with help from hotel staff) to your hotel. We like the freedom of having a vehicle for adventures.

From the day we check out and leave Drake we have until 5pm the next day to be back in Escazu. We're still working on a plan for those 2 days/nights. After my appt in Escazu we'll turn in the car and find a hotel within easy access of SJO for the morning flight back.

Have a great trip!

Back
Top Bottom