Need feedback on "Bahama Divers" in Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karateman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be going for my first ocean dive in 2 weeks with "Bahama Divers" dive resort in Nassau. Apparently there is only this resort and "Stuart's Cove" operating in Paradise Island, Nassau.

Anyone experienced a dive through Bahama Divers? I'd like to hear some comments about them.

Thanks in advance.

I'll be going out with them on September 24th so I'd be interested in this as well!

Tunez:
I'll be going out with them on September 24th so I'd be interested in this as well!

I just returned from Nassau and my dive experience with the "Bahama Divers" was very good. They were very helpful in getting you geared up before the dive and upon your boat return. Being my first ocean dive, I can't compare with any other dive resort, but I did check out "Stuart's Cove" while cruising the island on a rented scooter. I did find Stuart's Cove to be a larger outfit and perhaps offering better dive locations as they're on the SW part of the island. Apparently, the reefs in that area are less effected by currents creatd by hurricanes. Also, I've heard Stuart Cove has more dive masters per diver in the water, which makes it safer.

The Bahama Divers had about 3 DMs in the water for 8 divers and 20 snorkellers combined.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but if you like to see sharks, go with Stuarts Cove.

Sounds good and thanks for replying to help me out in your own thread!! The price difference was a deciding factor for me when making the choice between there and Stuarts. Doing alot of diving in the Keys before get to the Bahamas so a single dive works out just fine. Thank you very much again for the reply and I'll post my experiences with them when I get back as well!

Going to Nassau the first week of December, so tagging along to hear how it went.

What sites did you do?

I'm actually thinking about doing a couple of dives with each operator - I'd like to do the Lost Blue Hole with Bahama Divers and the shark / scooter dives with Stuart Cove.

Drew

Driznik:
Going to Nassau the first week of December, so tagging along to hear how it went.

What sites did you do?

Drew

I did the shallow reefs at Angel Fish Reef. It's about a 20 mins. boat ride out from the docks. The water temp. was 90F and viz about 60 - 80 feet with overcast day.

We really enjoyed Stuart Cove's because they have 18 wrecks available to dive. Reefs are nice but so many divers go to the shallow ones that they are all beat up. The deeper reefs were amazing, just full of life and healthy coral.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom