Need Feedback for Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the plug, AmyLoraR. We unfortunately don't have any availability in May right now but would love to have BAMA6977 on board any other time! We have single divers or divers with non-diving spouses come on board all the time and there's never a problem. Lost Island Voyages is also a great option, Ray is fantastic and the boat is wonderful, definitely a step up from Blackbears. Only downside is I think you have to meet the boat in the Bahamas, where Juliet leaves out of Miami so there's a little extra cost there if you're already in Florida.

There's also Cat Ppalu, the third Blackbeards boat. http://www.catppalu.com/index.html

Usually it's a full charter but if they have extra space and the chartering group doesn't mind it's $1545+fees for the week. It's a smaller boat so not a cattleboat. The only lower deck cabin has a viewport underwater - you might get that one...lol.

Lost Island is great. I've been on two trips with them as a single diver taking up space not booked by the main group on board. Captain Ray is fantastic and you leave feeling like family--or good friends, which might be even better. Divers are included in the dive site selection and Ray is a wealth of history on the islands. Food, drinks, and hot fresh water for showers are plentiful. Best dive vacations I've ever been on.

Lost Island in June for me. Others seemed too commercial when talking with them. Booked and now just need to ride out four letter word until then......WORK! :)

Lost Island Voyages would be a great option for you! It's a 65 foot ketch rigged sailboat and only takes out 12 passengers in 6 private cabins each with a sink and a mirror. And even though your wife is a non-diver, they are more than happy to take her to the beach for beach time or beach combing, and also there is actually some deck space and cushions for just relaxing. Plus she would have a great time as a snorkeler. If you are looking for a little cheaper of a price but a little more privacy and space, their trips run at $1290 for a week. It is a small family owned and operated company so the owner will more than likely be your captain, and the crew is able to customize each week to who is on board since there are only 12 people to tailor it to. Fun-spirited crew and boat. Great food, diving, and boose is included.

Bahamas Scuba Diving | Liveaboard Diving | aboard Lost Island Voyages and the office number is 305-756-7762

Back
Top Bottom