Need fast glove help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coll

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, my glove broke today and I need to purchase a new pair, I leave tomorrow for a month so wanted to order the gloves so they're here when I get back. I'm a cold water diver in Monterey so temps are around 50 degrees most days but I also do some underwater photography. What are good warm gloves that will still allow you to touch the tiny buttons on a camera housing? Thanks!!

You really should post this in the equipment section rather than the Underwater Photography section. I think you would have much more success. Maybe a Mod can move it.

I've been using a pair of 5mm Hyperflex gloves that I bought right there on the Breakwater from Glenn's Aquarius. They're only about 20 bucks they're made of soft hyperstretch neoprene. Because they're neoprene, they don't hold up very well. You have to re-glue the seams periodically when they start to split, but they're warm, comfortable and you can work the buttons. Henderson also makes hyperstretch gloves up to 7mm, but I've only seen them online. I haven't found a local dive shop where I could try them on. If you're a drysuit diver, you can use drygloves, which look kind of like dishwashing gloves but go over a liner that keeps your hands warm.

try these

EVERFLEX GLOVES - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

i've used them in UK waters for about 5 years, but only in spring when the water temperature is down to 5 degrees centigrade. in summer through to winter i use their thinner glives because i only wear them to protect my fingers from getting cut on rocks etc.

I'm looking for these Scubapro 5mm Everflex Gloves but I can't find them in US. Anybody know where I can get some?
MPM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom