Need cabin buddy Mutiara Laut 12d/11n Banda Sea crossing Sept 27 - Oct 8 (50% discount!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Topper1972

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all!

I have booked a cabin for 2 with twin beds on the MSY Mutiara Laut 'Spices&Snakes' 12 day/11 night Banda Sea crossing Sept 27 - Oct 8 (Maumere to Ambon)...but my cabin buddy has had to cancel :-/

The spaces were available at exceptional 50% discount, so one shared space is only 2750€ / 3125 $US.

Having a full cabin to myself is a bit too much, though...the cabins are huge on the Mutiara Laut! :)

Here is the Mutiara Laut - she is a high-end luxury liveaboard:

And here the website of the Mutiara Laut where you can find all information on the vessel and the itinerary:

5 Star Private Luxury Classic Liveaboard - Sea Pearl Charter

The diving will be super gorgeous...I did my first Banda Sea crosing with a liveaboard last year, so I can vouch for that!
Here video from Banda Sea diving from the boat (the very rustic Tidak Apa'Pa) that I did my liveaboard with last year:

Note that for this year's Banda Sea crossing trip the boat will be much, much nicer and luxurious :)

The Banda Sea liveaboards only take place Sept-Dec as that is when the sea and wind are calm...and it is then also the peak season for encountering the huge schools of scalloped hammerhead sharks!

Alltogether my group is so far 7 people...my friends coming along are from the UK, Ireland and the USA.
We are all keen divers...many of us are ex-dive instructors.
We plan to meet up in Maumere a few days before the liveaboard...I know a really nice beach resort there!

If interested, please make contact with me here, on FB or write me (SPACE IS NOW FILLED)

Alternatively you can also write Sarah Schuebl who is in charge of the bookings and tell her that you would like to share cabin with me....Sarah you can contact at sarah.schuebl@divingspecials.com

Best regards,
Henrik Topbjerg

UPDATE AUGUST 6: One male share in a Double Twin-Cabin has become available!

I am myself now sorted as to cabin buddy....but I just learned that at least one spot is still open.
As for a nice place to stay in Maumere prior to the liveaboard I can recommend the Sea World Club.
Official Website |Sea World Club Resort, Waiara, Maumere, Indonesia
After the liveaboard some of our group will be staying on in Ambon for some extra days of local diving there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom