Need buddy for some skill practice dives near PDC, Puerto Morelos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freedc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am returning to the Puerto Morelos area for a few days next week and would love to dedicate some dives to practice skills, but I don't have a buddy and don't want to pay for a PADI course when I know the skills already. I just need to work on them.

I have done the reef and cenote dives in the area but I rarely get a chance to just focus on things like shooting a DSMB, photography, navigation, laying a wreck line, and tying knots at depth, all while maintaining good buoyancy and trim position.

It seems like I can always find an instabuddy if I want to go do a tour and look at pretty fish, but I want to practice to be a better diver. I assume I can pay a shop enough money and they'll send a DM out to babysit me. My preference would be to find someone else ("paying customer") with like interests, so I thought I'd ask around. I've dived with Diverspoint, Aquanauts, and Wet Set -- all really nice folks -- and emailed them a version of this question. Thought I'd try here too just in case. Thanks, scubaboard community!

Back
Top Bottom