Need Buddy 3/6-13 Nekton Mona Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetnorm

Registered
Reaction score
Need Buddy & roommate 3/6-13 on Nekton RORQUAL off Mona Island. See nektoncruises.com for info. This week happens to be a medical conference, but anybody can go. My wife is non-diver. Cost about $1600.

wetnorm:
Need Buddy & roommate 3/6-13 on Nekton RORQUAL off Mona Island. See nektoncruises.com for info. This week happens to be a medical conference, but anybody can go. My wife is non-diver. Cost about $1600.

You should go the week previous (2/28 - 3/6). That's when I need a buddy.

You should go Feb 14, that is when I need a buddy.

Hey Everyone.

You really do not need a buddy. I went on the Rorqual Mona trip Jan.1 by myself and had a great time. There were several other single divers and the crew loves it when passengers request a buddy dive. "Buddy duty" is the crews favorite job.

I had a great time. The seas and wind were pretty strong that week, however the crew really made the trip fun. The weather in Feb-Mar is suppost to be great. I'd love to go back, however have some other plans for the spring. I may go on another Nekton trip this summer.

Have fun. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bob

wetnorm:

do you still need a buddy? I am thinking about going on this trip, and will make a decision very soon. I am a rather inexperienced diver, only have done about 15 dives. For this reason, I am not sure this is a good trip for me, but Paul told me that it would be fine.

I am a single woman as well, and need a roommate too, but there is a single woman who just registered.

Have you ever gone on one of these trips before?

Joan

Hello,

I am a new member of this board, and a relatively inexperienced diver. I don't get much opportunity to dive. I have only logged about 15 dives in the 7 years since I've been certified. Will I be sorry to have gone on the trip to Mona Island in March? It is a medical meeting in my specialty, and I love adventure, but I don't want to feel that I am venturing into diving too difficult for me. The person running the trip assured me that I would be OK.

Do any of you have an opinion?

Thanks, joanicole@usa.net

merlindiver:
Hey Everyone.

You really do not need a buddy. I went on the Rorqual Mona trip Jan.1 by myself and had a great time. There were several other single divers and the crew loves it when passengers request a buddy dive. "Buddy duty" is the crews favorite job.

I had a great time. The seas and wind were pretty strong that week, however the crew really made the trip fun. The weather in Feb-Mar is suppost to be great. I'd love to go back, however have some other plans for the spring. I may go on another Nekton trip this summer.

Have fun. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bob

Joani:
I did not find the diving on the Mona itinerary difficult. The crew on the Nekton Rorqual is very safety conscious and took good care of all divers. What I liked most about the crew was they were committed to safety, however not attached to it. They did give us freedom to dive as we liked. The crew absolutely loves diving. Just tell them your experience and comfort level. I did my AOW training that week. Jeff was my instructor and is an excellent instructor and diver. My skills improved greatly during the trip.
My opinion....go have fun, and ask them for a refresher course or check-out dive.

NWAS may have paired me up. So now what do you all know about the best (best = suitable locale, costing, etc) PADI classes to take this week? My next goal is 4 specialties, and rescue xcept my cpr is outdated. Can you do the rescue and later renew CPR and fulfil Rescue Diver cert?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom