Need bright LED backup light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrasmak:
How about the sidekick lights . Im not really into the lith batteries and am looking for something better than my sabrelite . Pretty much the main one on my list is the H scout

The Sidekick is a great light. We have not upgraded it to LED, it's still halogen, the Diamond has taken its place. The retail price is $94.00. With Regards to the lithium batteries, I know they cost is more than conventional alkaline however I would pass along a source with unbelievable prices, 12 batteries for $25.00

The Diamond is smaller and very durable.

Hello guys,

The SLX is on the expensive side as a backup light but it's something you could consider as a primary-backup light for those who want to continue the dives if the primary light fails. A lot of the smaller LEDs are bright enough to use as a safty procaution but the SLX is bright enough to go on with the dive. The bulbs are extremely reliable and we use AAs, so you can choose between Alkalines and NiMH batteries.

terrasmak:
How about the sidekick lights . Im not really into the lith batteries and am looking for something better than my sabrelite . Pretty much the main one on my list is the H scout

Hi terrasmak,

I thought that the sabrelites were pretty powerful... may I ask which model are you using and what exactly is the problem with the light? Too weak, short throw beam or just not powerful enough?

Just to tag along with this thread, I was wondering if anyone has anything to add regarding these lights:

Sabrelite High Intensity LED/Sabrelite Recoil LED
Teklite 4-Watt Luxeon III Star LED Flashlight
Halcyon Scout LED

Cheers,

SangP

Back
Top Bottom