Need blue "button" for my Mares V-16 Proton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the Mares V-16 Proton which is a superb reg. and compact too.

On my last trip the blue plastic "button/design" that is in the middle of the purge valve came off and now the front of the reg. looks bland.

I realize that it's not really that important but I would like to find some kind of small plastic piece to replace. I would have to glue it to the purge valve but of course don't want to use the wrong kind of glue.

Any ideas or should I just forget about it?

Thanks,

Sy

The entire cover is considered to be one replacement unit. I suggest that you contatct your local dealer for a replacement. It takes less than five minutes to switch out the covers, and your dealer should do it as a courtesy.

Greg Barlow

Sytech,

Glad you like your Proton 16. About the blue dot. As you know it is a cosmetic piece. Due to liability I am hesitant to suggest you use glue to replace it with something else. I can't recall whether the purge button on that 2nd stage was rubber compound or solid plastic. As Greg mentioned the cover is replaceable. I will look and see if we have that exact cover as a replacement, otherwise one of our other proton covers is interchangeable. I guess what you determine to do will be decided by how much it bothers you not having the little blue jewel. I'll let you know tomorrow if the cover in question is available.

Sincerely,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom