need Anilao - budget resorts - deciding in next 24hrs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for all the info! I pulled a 180 and booked a few days at Atlantis in Dauin (took advantage of the deal). Its a bit pricey ($240/day unlimited diving with room and board). This is the second time in Ph that I had to pass on Anilao, such a hassle if you are diving during the week. Next year.

That being said i have 5 days in Dauin from there where can i head for 2-3 days? Also thinking of heading to see the whale shark feeding since i've yet to see one.

Thank you for all the info! I pulled a 180 and booked a few days at Atlantis in Dauin (took advantage of the deal). Its a bit pricey ($240/day unlimited diving with room and board). This is the second time in Ph that I had to pass on Anilao, such a hassle if you are diving during the week. Next year.
That being said i have 5 days in Dauin from there where can i head for 2-3 days? Also thinking of heading to see the whale shark feeding since i've yet to see one.
1. Hope you make it to Anilao next time.
2. If Atlantis does not take you to either Apo Island or Siquijor then you can DIY.
3. Oslob is certainly an option.
4. The sardines in Moalboal is also very interesting.

#4. that sounds really cool I have an UW camera setup so that might be an option

With careful planning you can combine both Moalboal and Oslob(feeding is in the morning ONLY).

Hey Orenbvip,
We are currently in Anilao, getting here is quite easy and does not have to be expensive (although private transport is...).

1. Take taxi from the airport to bus station (tell the driver you want to take the JAM Liner to Batangas City) --- we took it from the port 120php on the meter
2. Take the JAM Liner (comfortable bus, airco, WIFI) to Batangas City --- 157PHP
3a. Then easy but overpriced option, let resort arrange transport ~1200PHP
3b. Take the more adventurous but completely fine option: Jeepney to Anilao (~35PHP per person) and a Tricycle to your resort (~60PHP) --- These prices depend on which resort (ours is scubabro)

The price structure here is quite weird, but you can get "regular" dive packages (number of nights, dives and food included). My feeling so far is that the "resorts" are overpriced, although I have only seen one, this is also what I have seen in other online reviews. The diving is great though, our first day was a winner (and we are quite spoiled macro/muck divers).

Our package price is ~USD700 per person for 8night/7diving days all inclusive (room, board, 2 boat dives a day, unlimited tanks, DM, all the fees etc). Currently it is very empty here :).

They mentioned the resort as Scubabro in the middle of their post, but I have never heard of it. (I have never heard of 80% of the resorts along that mountainous hillside which comprises the Anilao area, though.:D A lot of them don't exactly market to the US market, but they are there if you want to seek them out.)

I am right now staying at "anilao backpackers", cool and nice little place, staff is top nice and well experienced divemaster guide.

a. Rooms are at 1,200/night fan, P1,600 aircon.
b. Meals are at P200 per meal
c. As for the diving:
- Tanks are at P250 per tank
- Divemaster/spotter is at P1,150 per dive
- Boat is at P3,500 two dives out
- Jeepney is at P1,000 2 dives out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom