Need advice to help non-diving wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bohun51

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We are going to Ambergris Caye April 18 - 28 and will be staying at the Banana Beach Resort.

1. I'm looking for a dive ops who can teach my non-diving wife how to snorkel

2. I need a recommendation for a dive shop that can pick me up from the pier at BBR or somewhere nearby - and that can store my gear after diving.

3. We would like to try windsurfing - any suggestions?

Thank you

1. Any dive op will teach your wife how to snorkel, but make sure you specify that teaching is required, not just an excursion. Also general tour companies, such as Seduced and Searious.

2. Most dive shops will oblige with both. The "gold standard" is Amigos del Mar, but AquaDives, Ecologic and others come to mind. There is no dive op close to Banana Beach.

3. There is a windsurfing/sailboarding center on the beach at Caribbean Villas Hotel, just up the beach (north, towards town) from Bananas. I can't remember their name but the hotel will be able to tell you/connect you.

The name of the company at Caribbean Villas is "Sail Sport Belize" They have wonderful instructor there for wind surfing and a good beach.

Thanks Steve. The only other point is that the instructor can get pretty booked up, so it's wise to book with him as soon as you know you'll want tuition. Even before you arrive in SP. Contact them via their website Sailsports

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom