Need Advice-Sunset House, Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If staying at Sunset, I'd recommend a short walk/drive to Pure Art It's about half a mile south along the road. Mrs DS and I always stop in there once or twice each trip for souvenirs. They have some really cool local art, and, of course, the regular fluff that we look past to find the unusual stuff.

Walking into George Town is close from Sunset House, about 3/4 mile. Try to avoid days with more than two cruise shios in port. You want at least one to se sure everrything is open, though.

For plusher digs, head to Cobalt Coast. Mrs DS and her neice stayed there a few years ago and really enjoyed it. You can go all-inclusive there, but then you tend to be glued to the resort. I don't like to do AAI since we like to get around and try different restaurants.

DS

We stayed at Sunset House a few years ago. We were in the suites (first upstairs and then downstairs). We had a fridge and microwave. Clean and comfortable. Staff was very accomodating.
We dove the house reef many times. I took underwater photo classes from Cathy Church. Classes were at the Mermaid and at the Wreck and then I could go right back there to practice. It was perfect. Nice easy dives, easy in and out. We also did shore dives at Eden Rock and Devil's Grotto and the Turtle Farm.
The food at Sunset was fine and convienent. But Caymen has some of the best food around. We drove to many of the recommended restaurants and were very pleased.
We are returning to Grand Caymen in 3 weeks. This is the first destination we have ever returned to! We are not staying at SH this time because the family will be with and we needed a kitchen.
Enjoy your stay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom