Need advice on steel HP tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh no i leave the tanks on sunday or monday and don't pick them up till friday, I have a total of ten tanks, they just put in a new compressor and won't let anyone that does not work for them fill tanks. I stopped using this shop for about four months and they started to fill the tanks to 3500+, But, Today i get on the boat and look 3285psi. I haven't contacted thier haed office yet but i think thats next. We don't have a fill express in florida we do have a nitrox express. THANKS EVERYBODY

lostinlobsterville:
But, Today i get on the boat and look 3285psi.THANKS EVERYBODY

That is the wrong time to check your fill.
Leave them, pick them up cold, and ask for a pressure guage. Check them right there. If you are not happy, ask for a top off. They will get use to you checking and knowing what you want. Hopefully that will have an inpact.

There is a Diver's Direct in your town, is that your store? There's one in Orlando that I often go to. The new nitrox system they use makes a real hot fill. The guy said he filled my tanks to 3700 and they would go down to 3500. No, they went down to 3250. Is that your situation?

Yes, I could drop off and come back later and gauge the tanks, but that would be 88 miles of driving to fill two tanks. So, I am presently using another source.

Back
Top Bottom