Need advice on SM BCD for warm water diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get onto sump uk facebook and talk to Andy Goring about some harness plates

https://www.facebook.com/SUMP-UK-919956964695635/?__tn__=,d,P-R&eid=ARDenG8X9yBJl0d-Kj9g-vPguBjgmfrJ5xKFYiRoBZM2GY14XrvFdPdx9_0QxHn9TY6pk19hB8tb2p4b

Get some harness instuctions from Steve Bogaerts

http://shop.gosidemount.com/Downloads/manual_razor_harness_25_en.pdf

Get onto the best learning site on the web with Andy Davis, another Pom

Some Options for DIY Sidemount Rigs

then make a wing from a pointy 10Litre MSR bag like the DECO
or an Ortlieb bag and stitch a sack around it

You see I had all the parts guys and gals except the plates man

@happy-diver I'm getting some parts from Andy (buckle, loops, anchor), forgot to mention this. Regarding the rest, I figured it would make more sense to start with something more or less out of the box before going into custom webbing design. I will do it for sure but not with my first sidemount kit.

Beautiful man that Andy Davis site has all the modifying fine tuning and adjusting ideas
and then later when as you collect some bits here and some pieces there, building ideas

I just pick up cheap second hand stuff as I find it then five years later
I may build something
something like this

full.jpg

these things is why I build harnesses not for bottles in the ocean like dumkopfs

and then being in the Ukraine you may want to have a read of the Steve Lewis
steel tank setup guide

can't have too much stuff

oh yeah there are some plates very close to Bogaerts available around
and other stuff

Don't sleep on the new Hollis K2. While I am not a Hollis fan, they have made a Xdeep clone which is supposed to come out cheaper than the Tec. Just an option for you.

Razor. It's nice and clean, no rigid parts. Easy for travel. A bit more difficult to set up, but worth it.

It has dual bladder and sufficient lift for any tech diving if you are weighted properly. One size fits all, from 150cm/45kg girl to 210cm/120kg guy.

I have several friends who were diving things like Katana and Xdeep and once tried, liked the Razor much better.

It's a bit pricey, though.

Thanks everyone, I am going with Xdeep Tec, cos I a can get it for a good price and I already ordered drings and other amazing stuff from Andy Goring

Back
Top Bottom