Need advice on shipping tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evad:
How do you pack them for ground shipping?

When I got mine, it was packed with some tape over the neck. The shipping box was from another tank. And the spaces were filled with wadded newspaper. It seemed to make the journey fine.YMMV.
PS - FedEx seems like the cheapest and fastest way to ship. At least for me.

My 444 cf tank came with about 30 or 40 psi in it. It was shipped via Yellow Freight. It was wrapped with cardboard from the shoulder to the bottom. Shipping cost was very low, but that may have been due to the compressor I bought with the tank. I would still recommend checking with Yellow and see how their rates compare with UPS, FedEx etc. I did opt to pick up my purchase at the Yellow terminal which saved me quite a bit.

evad:
How do you pack them for ground shipping?

UPS will allow you to ship ground with the valve in place. Drain cylinder to 50 psi. Put padding at the top of the box close up and ship. Best to use a box designed for tanks.

If you dont have those available drop me a note and we can ship you some tank boxes. We have tons of them that we use to ship tanks to our customers all over the world.

regards,

JS1scuba:
UPS will allow you to ship ground with the valve in place. Drain cylinder to 50 psi. Put padding at the top of the box close up and ship. Best to use a box designed for tanks.

If you dont have those available drop me a note and we can ship you some tank boxes. We have tons of them that we use to ship tanks to our customers all over the world.

regards,

Hey Joel,

If I get a box from you will it already have a FREE tank in it? :)

Mark Vlahos

JS1scuba:
Good point about the boxes for scuba cylinders. My cylinder had one of those screw on valve protectors.

Mark Vlahos:
Hey Joel,

If I get a box from you will it already have a FREE tank in it? :)

Mark Vlahos

Mark, i will be happy to ship you a tank box with a free tank in it.

The shipping cost will be $295.00

:)

cheers

JDS

Thanks for the advice and box offers. My dad in NC just took 'em to UPS and let them figure it out. The guy here at a Fedex/Kinkos was telling me allsorts of silly things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom