Need advice on setting up an Apeks ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidHickey

Contributor
Reaction score
Kingsman, Ohio. Near Wilmington and Waynesville
# of dives
50 - 99
Good Afternoon,
Just 5 minutes ago UPS just dropped off the 1st regulator I have ever purchased. I have a pretty good idea from thinking back to the rental equipment I have used but is there anywhere I can look at a diagram of proper hose placement. I purchased a Apeks Black Pearl, which is pretty much the fancy equivalent of the ATX 200. I know I have the 2nd Stage, the Octopuss, Dry suit inflation hose, Computer hose, BCD inflation hose. Seems simple enough, would just feel better being new to all this if I had a diagram to look at that shows the optimal hose positions for each. What amount of torque is required on the hoses? A hair pass snug is what I imagine. Also, this is probably a dumb question but do you usually remove the dry suit inflator hose if you are not using a dry suit or just tuck it out of the way ? As I said I don't have alot of experience, but plan on gaining it quickly now that I purchased my own equipment.
Thanks

Uhm, perhaps it is safer to go to your LDS and let them build that reg for you... at least while you don't have more experience with that stuff...

Just my 0,2€.

You've got it right on the torque. Snug it up by hand and after you have the setup as you want it just give it a bit more with a wrench. Scubapro spec on hose connections is 80 inch pounds. Just enough that it can't be undone by hand.

Here's the easiest way I've used.

If you have a tank, put your BC on the tank and then place the reg on the tank.

Connect the SPG/Computer hose to the HP port that is on your right (facing the tank/reg). Connect the DS inflator to the first LP port on your right (facing the tank/reg). Connect the BC inflator to the second LP on your right (facing the tank/reg). Connect the Second stage to the first LP port on your left (facing the tank/reg). Connect the Oct to the next LP port on your left (facing the tank/reg).

Your done. The other are right, just snug them past hand tight. Be careful not pinch an o-ring.

Well I agree with you, except I talked to their repair tech one day about a reg I brought in for service and posted what he told me. It was unanimous on the board that I should find a new LDS quick. Anyhow, I think its pretty basic, although it is life support equipment its simply a matter of screwing 4 hoses into 4 ports. Right side top lp is self explanitory, 1st lp port is 2nd stage, second lp port is Octo. Left side Hp port is AI dive computer, just not sure if it would be better to put use first lp port for BCD inflator or Dry suit inflator. Can't imagine it makes to much of a difference, I would guess BCD in 1st port and Dry suit inflation in 2nd and under BCD hose. Then I'm sure there is a proper torque for the hoses, sounds pretty straight forward, and then a good check over pressurized to make sure no leaks. If nothing else I would just like to get them together for now. Will most likely not be diving again till early spring. I will probably have all of my equipment checked out out again at that time.

Thanks

Thanks everyone, while I was typing a reply you guys left me a cover and told me what I needed. Thanks. On the same page except my right and left were standing behind the tank instead of infront of it.
Thanks
David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom