Need advice on bouyancy control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to agree with the "OLD (salt) MAN from Ft Myers :eek:ut: that there is just not enough information for aspecific person to be giving advice.

However, when I did my OW cert dives, we were REQUIRED by our instructor to use the anchor line for our first descent. He wanted us to become comfortable with the task at hand and also it gave him the opportunity to observe us and assist if there were any problems. If we were comfortable doing a free descent after that then we could.

Just an "out of the box" thought from a proclaimed newbie...

How is Goosie weighted? If her descent is so fast as to be scary, perhaps she is too heavy?

Good Luck, and Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

I would suggest leaving the weightbelt on the side of the pool or on the beach for awhile. It won't be long before she has complete confidence that without it she just can't "sink into the abyss." And she'll see she doesn't need the BC at all. Once she's killed her fear, then she can go diving.
Rick

I had a heart to heart talk with my daughter this morning. To make a long story short she has "called the dive" for an indefinite period of time. Basically she just isn't interested anymore.

Thanks for the advice and words of encouragent.

jbd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom