Need advice- NCL Southern Caribbean cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Qtpie54346

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I are going on the NCL Norwegian Jewel on Feb. 29 for a 9 night cruise. The stops are: Samana, Dominican Republic; Tortola, BVI; St. Lucia; Antigua; and Barbados. We are wanting to dive 3 days, and of those we are thinking Tortola, St. Lucia and Barbados.

Does anyone have any recommendations for dive ops that are close to the cruise ship piers? In the past we've been much happier booking the trips on our own than the ones through the ship. We like smaller groups, and more advanced dives with hopefully large, healthy reefs and lots of big fish!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

"Dive Fair Helen" in St. Lucia, they picked me up at the Pt Seraphine dock directly across from the cruise ship dock. It was a 2 minute walk. Take your camera, there is a nice walk through a mangrove grove to the shop from the dock, I thought it was very pretty. They also offer the best lunch on board I have ever had on a dive boat.
888-855-2206

DivePro Barbados in .... Barbados, Picked me up at the turn-around circle outside the port. Easy commute, nice people. 246-420-3337

Best Regards

A few months ago we were on the Carnival Destiny S. Caribbean cruise. In all 5 ports, I dove in while my wife and friends snorkeled.

St. Lucia we used Dive Fair Helen. I asked for Superman's flight and we did go there, and could see the pitons. That dive is by the petite piton. If you don't request to go south, the boat may not go there. You'll miss seeing the pitons of this island then.

In Barbados, we went to Holetown. In-between the two dives, we were taken to the front of the Sandy Lane resort to snorkel, and saw some turtles.

In Antiqua, the better diving and scenery is at the south, at English Harbour. All the excursions take people to see Nelson's Dockyard at the English Harbour anyway. We dove with Antigua Divers, Bryan Cunningham 268-783-3466. Bryan was good. He went in the water to make sure all the snorkelers were ok, before getting back on boat, then the DM and I went for our dive. We arranged a tour from the port, to go south to English Harbour for the dive/snorkel trip. Then got picked up (same driver) for an island tour, before getting back on boat.

In fact at each port we went for the morning dive/snorkel combo trip, then island tour in the remaining time. It worked out well.

Back
Top Bottom