Need advice for refresher course in Rivera Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cateman14

Reaction score
Hello: NAUI certified but unfortunately haven't dived in 4 years. Staying at Iberostar Paraiso Beach Hotel. Hotel diving company is Dressel. Any experience with this group at this location? Obviously, I need a refresher--I'm rather timid--so need a very patient instructor. Other recommendations??? Thanks/ Cate

I agree with oly5050user. The time for a not ruched refresher is before the trip. However, if you want to wait for sun and sea to do it, Dressel is a large company with several Riveria Maya locations and for that matter several more throughout the Caribbean. They are primarily PADI, but that's ok even if your initial certification was NAUI. I am sure they will have a good instructor for you, and for the premium you are likely to pay at a swanky resort like Iberostar, I am sure you will get competent instruction and personal accommodation.
DivemasterDennis

I was there at christmas Instructors were very patient and helpful and there refresher course in the pool was nice besides the fact that theyre pools are unheated

I know the staff there- they're all very good.
Dressell is very strict on standards... more so than most of the other ops in that area.

-edit
sorry, just noticed how old this post is :eek:

Back
Top Bottom