Need Advice: Costa Rica in Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tifdotcom

Reaction score
I am thinking of diving in Costa Rica the last week of January-first week of February. I'd love to know everyone's thoughts on:

1. the best place to dive in C.R.

2. the best (cheap) place to stay at the best place to dive

3. the best dive operator there

4. anything you can tell me about dive conditions/what we'll see during that time of year.

5. is a 3mm shorty going to be warm enough?

Thanks in advance for your help!

tiffany

If you havn't been there before. Leave your dive gear at home. Rent a car and explore. I have been there a couple of times and there are so many cool places to see. Buy the Lonely Planet guide to Costa Rice. Here are some of my Favorite Places.

1) Monteverde - Must see, Awesome rainforest. http://www.arcoirislodge.com/ <--- Nice place to stay. Cool people.
2) Arenal - Volcano and hot springs =]
3) Tambor - Paradise
4) Jaco - Cool surfing town on the water. Sand roads open bars.

First time I went to Costa Rica it started as a Diving trip and after researching we decided to leave the gear at home and explore. It was sooo worth it.

Oh yeah, get the lonely planet guide =]

I was in CR in the summer of 1998 and had a great time. The west coast is the best diving. 3mm? I froze in a 3mm with a polartec underneath in July. If I were to head back it would be my 5mm or 7mm for sure with a light hood.

Thanks for your advice, guys.

Still trying to set something up. I'll let you know how it goes.

Best,
Tiffany

Back
Top Bottom