Need a partner. Is anyone in Bali now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey just heard of some potentially great shallow shore muck diving a little farther west than Tulemben but need a partner. Is anyone in Bali now that wants to go diving?

Also, it is easy to dive without guides on the tulemben wreck for only tank fees.

PM me if you are around and interested!

Let me check the flights from LAX, Kathy, and get back to you... tee hee!

KD--Muck diving at Scuba Seraya reef or is this another place? (We are there in December if you feel like hanging out till then!) Be great if you post something about this after you dive it, since I'm sure you'll find someone to partner with. // ww

Let me check the flights from LAX, Kathy, and get back to you... tee hee!

HA! That would be great! C-mon!

KD--Muck diving at Scuba Seraya reef or is this another place? (We are there in December if you feel like hanging out till then!) Be great if you post something about this after you dive it, since I'm sure you'll find someone to partner with. // ww

Nope I think its another site. Ran into a scuba instructor friend in the airport who was on bali for years and use to explore - its his secret place. Hope I find it. He promises mimic octopus ;-). Not near any scuba shops or even hotels - you have to rent a car and driver. If I make it there and its good will let you know.

if you can wait 2 weeks I'll be there -from Perth WA - doing the liberty then the mola molas

Ah I will leave for Sumatra on June 3rd. We will probably pass in the airport. Have a great time and good luck finding Mola Mola! Bali is PACKED with tourists right now so make sure you have reservations all the prices are up.

Scuba Seraya reef - can you shore dive this for tank fees? Is it near Seraya and Amed?

KD--Note the following that I copied (ok, swiped) from Scottfiji's most excellent Bali report:

There is great muck diving in front of the Scuba Seraya resort...;Seraya can be dove by "jukong" boat, you can get one very inexpensively if your dive shop is willing to call for one for you, otherwise you might have to bargain for one with the boat men in front of the "drop-off"...

Here is the link for the full details: Bali dive report|Underwater Photography Guide

His thread w/ some great pics is here if you haven't read it: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/indonesia/291932-32-great-dives-bali-report-photos.html

Cool, a "secret muck site"--sounds like yet another hot tip for our trip in December. Your trip journal has been a great read, thanks for doing it. Even reading about the fog of travel (not to be confused w/ the "fog of war") through "dirty chaotic cities" has been a reminder of just what a swell planet this is to experience. You sometimes have to slog through these crummy portals to be allowed to enter the domains of bliss--and for those who won't, the devil has devised cruise ships...:eyebrow: Glad you are seeing so much of this bliss from down below! // ww

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom