Need a Little Help w/ Drysuit Trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a couple issues with floaty feet in Fundies (not too bad). I switched to really light socks (athletic socks) for the class. It solved my issue. When I went back to heavier socks, my skill level had improved and I didn't have the original issue even though I was back to the original equipment.

FYI

Tom

rjack321, I used a 3 mil wetsuit w/ a 3/5 hooded vest. I used twin Al80's w/ a 6# bp. I'll give it a bunch more dives in doubles and then may try to your idea if all else fails.

Based on your and everyone else's' feedback I pretty much ditched the gaitor idea.

Don't get discouraged, drysuits just take time in the water.

I'm happy to report that after another few dives and based in no small part on your cumulative advice, I made a big leap towards resolved my "floaty feet issues". I moved the 8 pounds to my waist. This definitely helped quite my feet. In addition, I also filled the extra space in the booties by wearing 3mm neoprene Sporasub socks (that I use for my freediving fins) and smartwool socks over that! This nicely filled the shoe boot in addition to making sure that the spring strap didn't come off of my heal.

Now on to practicing the Basic 5 for Tech 1 ....

Thanks again

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom