Need a dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Space

Contributor
Reaction score
I dive allot in the local lakes and need a light I can focus. At about 30ft it turns into a night dive with muck all around so I would think a light I can focus would be a great help. Any thoughts?

Underwater Kinetics HID light cannon....great little light....very bright

Available at LP for 164.95 you will not be disappointed.

When Brandon says "murk," he means palpable, pea-soup-thick algae blooms in addition to the churned-up mud and other gunk. Even at depths where light penetrates, visibility can be less than three feet because of the stuff in the water. How well does the Light Cannon cut through suspended particulate matter?

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Underwater Kinetics HID light cannon....

Dunno how well it will perform in thick pea soup, but it is the best light out there in this price range IMHO.

I'm thinking no matter what light I buy its going to be of little help in these lakes. Oh well atleast I'll be prepared for any low viz I encounter in the sea.

AzAtty once bubbled...
When Brandon says "murk," he means palpable, pea-soup-thick algae blooms in addition to the churned-up mud and other gunk.

On bad diving days we get crap crap viz (less than 3 ft.) on good days we have 10.....my buddy bought one of these things last year, and it performs well in crap waters. We have used it in black water dumps for search and recovery dives, and it is the only thing you can see. I am buying one before my wreck trip in August...it is the only (well maybe only) piece of equipment I am buying this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom