Need a bright, reliable strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jswantek

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a strobe that I can use as a location marker for limited visibility situations and night dives. Recently I tried using a Princeton Tec Aqua Strobe. It wasn't very bright and it flooded and failed on the third dive. This disappointed me greatly as I had read some decent reviews of the light. Anyone have any recommendations?

Princeton Tec has a no questions asked guarantee send it back and they will replace it........

It is the only strobe I have used and works well for me......

M

I'm not happy with the Princeton Tec strobe, I'd like to try something different. Any suggestions?

I guess my suggestion depends on how bad you want it and how bright it needs to be but you can get a dive light such as the Cree MC-E reviewed on here (670 lumens) and put it in strobe mode. It will be bright.

How bad I want it? Well, I'm going to go with, "I need one", mainly because I'm asking for recommendations. As far as how bright it is, I'd like something that I can see from more than 20' away in limited visibility conditions.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom