Need 8"/20cm Springs for fin straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me, Im looking for some 8"/20cm springs for pair of fins I have, they came with 23cm springs but they are a tad too loose. The smallest springs I've been able to locate over here (Japan) is a 22.5cm. I figure in the US your range/availability is far greater. Anyway if anyone can help me out that would be awesome. I don't really want to have to buy a complete spring strap set if I can avoid it if I can simply swap out the spring. I have taken my old straps apart no problem now I just need the springs.Of course id be happy to send some money over to cover cost of springs and shipping. Cheers

If it is just the spring you need... Have you considered the possibility of cutting the springs you already have?

If it is just the spring you need... Have you considered the possibility of cutting the springs you already have?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

No I hadn't, but if it's easy enough to do would certainly consider it. Do you just cut and then reform a loop? Have you had experience with this? is it easy?

I have bone it and it's not really hard if you have some good pliers. Be sure to reserve 2 or 3 coils to be bent out as the new end. When you bend it for the new loop get a good right angle.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom