Neck Tite System on Bare XCS2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobCSmith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Now that the air temps are down to a bitter 75 degrees here in AZ, I'm ready to take the plunge and order my first DRY suit, the Bare XCS2. Since BARE seems to have an off the rack size that always fits me well (MLS) and they are running a special where you receive $500 in free options, it seemed like a good time to order the suit. My ordinal plan was to order the suit with latex seals, but not considering the SI Tech Neck Tite System option and possible Cuff ring option. Any opinions is this system worth it or not, or just stick with latex seals as it comes. My understanding is you loose the Warm Collar when you install this option.

My other options on this suit I was choosing was:
Front Entry
Soft Boots with Tek Boots
(2) Neo Bellows Pockets w/flaps
Suspenders
Convenience Zipper (I don't think I could deal with whole Pee Valve thing, plus we do mostly shorter shore dives here)
Sealtek Dry Hood

Any feedback is appreciated.

Talk to DRIS, I had one fitted on my Santi and was initially told I'd need to lose the warm collar which I didn't want to lose, DRIS went back to the drawing board and figured out how to install the ring and keep the collar.

The Neck Tite system was a disaster for me and I had it removed, just too stiff. SiTech has a more flexible version now called Quick Neck Quick Neck - Modular Solutions - Products - SI-TECH I have no experience with the Quick Neck but might be worth a try.

Now that the air temps are down to a bitter 75 degrees here in AZ, I'm ready to take the plunge and order my first DRY suit, the Bare XCS2. Since BARE seems to have an off the rack size that always fits me well (MLS) and they are running a special where you receive $500 in free options, it seemed like a good time to order the suit. My ordinal plan was to order the suit with latex seals, but not considering the SI Tech Neck Tite System option and possible Cuff ring option. Any opinions is this system worth it or not, or just stick with latex seals as it comes. My understanding is you loose the Warm Collar when you install this option.

My other options on this suit I was choosing was:
Front Entry
Soft Boots with Tek Boots
(2) Neo Bellows Pockets w/flaps
Suspenders
Convenience Zipper (I don't think I could deal with whole Pee Valve thing, plus we do mostly shorter shore dives here)
Sealtek Dry Hood

Any feedback is appreciated.

Hey Bob, check your PM's. :D

Back
Top Bottom