Neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misterguy

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
OK
I want to get a dry suit, but i have a fear that the neck seak will be to uncomfortable i still find even my wet suit to be tight but only on the surface, when i get under the water i have no problem but on the surface i am always tugging on it, i seem to be the only one i know who has this problem (also dont were ties) Choking

so has any one had this same concerns and got over it, looking for some incouragement here

I'm thinking about DUI TLS350, i dont want to spend all in $3500 and hate it
I missed the Dog dayRally from last year and they wont be around till fall
Thanks

You get used to it.

Really.

I found my wetsuit neck much more uncomfortable than my drysuit, as it pushed on the lower neck onto my Adams apple, whereas the drysuit seal was more even, wider and spread out more comfortably.

You need to borrow one, or just put a drysuit neck seal around your neck and see.

And the drysuit seal also is more comfortable in the water than out.

I had this fear when I bought my Diving Concepts suit, they sent it up with a L neck seal and was wayyy to tight even after trimming, I thought I would pass out.
The LDS where I bought it sent it back and had a XL neck seal put on it and with a little trimming it is great. I notice it on land but in the water I don't even know it's there.
By the way great customer service DC turned it around in 7 working days I had it back.

Most DS seals (neck and wrists) are trimmable - so you keep cutting the seal until the circumference fits your neck and wrists and is comfortable (& tight enough).

I have a neoprene neck seal on my Diving concepts dry suit and I am thrilled. Once I grasped the idea of tucking it in it is amazing and it is not choking, where I found latex to be.

You really need to try them.

You get used to it.

And the drysuit seal also is more comfortable in the water than out.

yup ... it's not nearly as tight as it may seem if it's properly fitted (and that's easy to do)

I have a neoprene neck seal on my Diving concepts dry suit and I am thrilled. Once I grasped the idea of tucking it in it is amazing and it is not choking, where I found latex to be.

You really need to try them.

Yea I've got neoprene seals on my bare. I love it now that i'm used to tucking it (and after I stretched it on a tank for about a day :wink:) Doesn't choke me at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom