Neck and wrist seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDan

Reaction score
Just back from DUI demo days this weekend and had some good dives in a dry suit. When I went to Dinner on Saturday night that DUI gives I heard some interesting news about neck and wrist seals. They are going to be user replaceable and can be done in about two minutes. Should be available sometime in September.

Only for DUI suits? Or can they be used on any suit with latex seals?

Did you happen to hear who's coming out with this?

last fall when they came i was talking to dick on the side about this, and the best description is that the seals are similar to ziploc bag sealing, and this is what makes changing them so easy. apparently its september now , last fall i heard mid -late spring but R&D takes time. but this should be intresting

Scubatooth once bubbled...
last fall when they came i was talking to dick on the side about this, and the best description is that the seals are similar to ziploc bag sealing, and this is what makes changing them so easy. apparently its september now , last fall i heard mid -late spring but R&D takes time. but this should be intresting

How secure will they be? Just like the Diving Concepts gloves?

taat2d once bubbled...
Only for DUI suits? Or can they be used on any suit with latex seals?

DUI is the one that is comming out with this at this time so I would have to say only for DUI suits.

taat2d once bubbled...

How secure will they be? Just like the Diving Concepts gloves?

He said that it would be impossible for them to come off with your arm or neck in the dry suit. Something about having to collapse the whole wrist or neck seal to be able to change them out. That would be hard if you are in it.

Back
Top Bottom